If you’re one of the 49% of Americans who have gardened within the past year, it is easy to understand how reaping what you sow can save you money in the long term. For every $70 invested in garden landscaping, a homeowner can expect to receive approximately $530 in produce per given season.
Looking for more ways to cultivate your garden landscaping on a budget? Here are 5 garden landscaping ideas that will help save you money this year:
- Mulch – Mulch is an aesthetically pleasing and low-cost way to make your garden both attractive and healthy. Many landscape services deliver mulch directly to your door for little cost, save a delivery fee. Mulch is used to help keep soil healthy and moist during the hotter seasons, as well as a way for the soil to retain heat. Because of this, it should typically be applied during the late spring/early summer growing seasons. Many landscape supplies companies offer colored mulch, which can provide artistic flair to any landscaping design scheme or garden.
- Trimming and Weeding – The quickest and cheapest way to make the most of your landscaping designs is by practicing regular lawn maintenance. This means pulling weeds from your garden, cutting the grass, and trimming trees and bushes that have overgrown. Arborists recommend trimming your trees and hedges at least once a year during the dormant seasons.
- The Small Touches Count – Ever heard the phrase ‘the beauty is in the details’? Well, the same goes for your lawn. To make inexpensive, but beautiful aesthetic touches, try adding small features such as decorative stones, sand, and mulch.
- Think Local – Buying local plants and shrubbery is both cost effective and good for the environment, as these plants are inherently native and will take less water and effort to sustain and flourish.
- Call on the Experts – While there are many do-it-yourself tactics that can be employed by a home landscaper and gardener, sometimes it’s best to leave it to the professionals. Garden landscaping services and suppliers are experts in the field. Not only will they help you find the best landscaping design ideas for your budget, but they have the know-how to make your yard look like the oasis you always dreamed it would be.